The mega-ship will feature two brand new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows
MSC Cruises - the Swiss-based world’s largest privately owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe, South America and South Africa - announced today that sales for MSC Grandiosa are now open. For her inaugural season, the much-awaited first Meraviglia-Plus generation ship will set sail in the ever-popular Western Mediterranean from November 16th 2019. Sales open today, exclusively for members of the MSC Voyagers Club, the loyalty rewards programme for MSC Cruises guests whilst sales for all other guests will open on March 19th.
Gianni Onorato, Chief Executive Officer of MSC Cruises, commented
The ship will feature two brand new shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea, created exclusively for MSC Grandiosa guests by the world leader in artistic entertainment, Cirque du Soleil. The long-term partnership between MSC Cruises and Cirque du Soleil will result in a total of eight original shows that will be available on MSC Cruises’ four Meraviglia generation ships with this being the third ship to feature the Cirque du Soleil at Sea entertainment concept.
MSC Grandiosa will offer guests a memorable MSC Cruises experience with highlights such as:
• Seven nights in the stunning Western Mediterranean calling at six beautiful Mediterranean ports Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, Valletta, Barcelona and Marseille. Whilst in port, guests can enjoy a wide variety of shore activities, designed to the needs of different types of cruise guest from families through to adventurous couples, allowing an immersive discovery of each destination’s distinctive culture and history.
• New family activities and entertainment building on the already extensive and award-winning offering . The DOREMI Lab will offer new themes each day, while the DOREMI Studio Lounge focusses on allowing children to have fun through the magic of music, with the possibility to record songs and star in their own music videos. This multitude of concepts ensure that children of every age will have an unforgettable holiday at sea.
• The Mediterranean-style promenade will serve as the social hub of the ship, with an array of shops and specialty restaurants. The promenade hosts surprise performances, including flash mobs and themed parties as well as the awe-inspiring projections throughout the day and night on the 80-meter LED Sky screen.
• The industry-leading shipboard digital innovation programme MSC for Me will allow guests to customise their holiday and enhance their cruise experience. As the Company continues to evolve and innovate the digital offering, guests can expect new features, offering a connected cruise experience to meet their individual needs.
• Restaurant options on board include a choice of at least 12 different dining venues, ranging from specialty restaurants to the buffet and serving fresh, authentic food each and every day. A new restaurant concept will be introduced on the Promenade exclusively for MSC Aurea experience guests.
• The MSC Yacht Club will continue to offer the more discerning cruise guest a luxurious stay in the ship within a ship concept with key features such as the stylish Top Sail lounge, stunning One Pool Deck, private restaurant and butler service.
MSC Grandiosa has been designed for all seasons and is able to call in most of the world’s international cruise ports. With 181,000 GRTs and capacity for 6,334 guests, this new mega-ship will become the largest in the MSC Cruises’ fleet to-date. The ship will feature the newest environmental technology at sea including the latest hybrid exhaust gas cleaning systems, SCR-Catalysts, state-of-the-art waste management and recycling capabilities, emission-reducing energy and heat recovery systems, and highly advanced wastewater treatment.
When booking MSC Grandiosa, MSC Voyagers Club members will receive a special 5% discount for the opening of sales in addition to their 5% loyalty discount as well as benefitting from being able to have the first selection of cabins. Other guests will also enjoy a 5% early booking discount until the 4th of September. MSC Grandiosa will commence sailing from Genoa, Italy on November 16th, 2019. For more information and bookings, click here.